The Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs (CIJA) calls the Canadian Jewish Community to boycott United Church
31. August 2012 – After the United Church decided to boycott goods produced in the disputed territories, the CIJA now urges Canada’s Jewish Community to boycott the United Church, Canada’s biggest protestant church. Read more.
Many Swedish Politicians are Anti-Israel
31. August 2012 – Formally, the Swedish government adopts a neutral position on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Ilya Meyer, Vice-Chair of the Sweden-Israel Friendship Association had a closer look and analysed Swedish politicians’ decisions. Read more.
Ayatollah Khamenei is blaming the US and Israel for unrest in Syria
31. August 2012 – During a meeting with the Prime Minister of Syria, Wael al-Halqui, Ayatollah Khamenei blamed the US and Israel for the current crisis in Syria. He further called on the Syrian government to reveal American-Israeli intentions in order to educate the world about the reality in Syria. Read more.
Pro-Palestinian activist from Chile compares Zionists to Nazis
31. August 2012 – Mauricio Abu Ghosh, President of Chile’s Palestine Federation, stated last week in a local radio station that “the Nazis were small fry compared to today’s Zionists, who make up the State of Israel”. The Chilean Jewish community is concerned about such statements. Read more.
Bronze for Israeli swimmer at the Paralympics
31. August 2012 – Israeli swimmer, Inbal Pizaro, wins a bronze medal after 50 meter freestyle. Finishing the final race within 37.89 seconds, she was the first Israeli athlete winning a medal in London 2012. No Israeli athlete obtained a medal neither in the Olympics, nor in the Paralympics before, this year. Read more.
Anti-Israel protesters target store selling Israeli shoes in Australia
30. August 2012 – A new campaign was launched by the Boycott Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) and anti-Israel activists in Australia. Targets are businesses “selling the products of apartheid Israel”. 50 members of the Justice for Palestine went from business to business, handing out letters to the store managers, demanding to stop selling products from Israel. Read more.