US diplomats trained to identify and combat anti-Semitism
12. September 2012 – The Obama administration launched a special training for American diplomats to identify and combat anti-Semitism. Hannah Rosenthal, the US special envoy on anti-Semitism, launched the program. Her term is ending next month. Read more.
Ronald S. Lauder, president of the World Jewish Congress, visited Macedonia
12. September 2012 – Ronald S. Lauder met with the Macedonian president, Gjorge Ivanov, and the Prime Minister, Nikola Gruevski, while visiting the country. He also visited the Holocaust Memorial Center in the Macedonian capital, Skopje. During the Holocaust 98% of the vibrant Jewish population was murdered. Read more.
Former Hungarian Communist government minister held for war crimes
11. September 2012 – Béla Biszku, a former interior minister and one of the highest ranking Communist war criminals in Hungary, was detained in connection with two incidents in the Hungarian Uprising in 1956. Biszku is the first Communist war criminal from the leadership of 1956 to face a criminal inquiry. Read more.
Israel’s population almost 8M
11. September 2012 – The Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS) published that on the Eve of Rosh Hashanah 5773, Israel will have 7,933,200 inhabitants of which 5,978,600 are Jewish. Read more.
Anti-Semitism in social media: The Facebook case
10. September 2012 - If one sees anti-Semitic or racist content on Facebook, one can formally complain. What Facebook does at the end is taking the page offline, review it and contact the administrator in order to give the person a chance to rename the page or rewrite certain paragraphs. Read more.