Jewish and Christian groups respond to anti-Muslim NYC subway ads
5. October 2012 – Three groups, including Rabbis for Human Rights-North America, are planning to place their own posters next to the American Freedom Defense Initiative’s, “In any war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man. Support Israel. Defeat Jihad.” on New York’s subways. Read more.
Jews in Argentina urged their government not to negotiate with Iran
5. October 2012 – Jewish foreign minister of Argentina, Hector Timerman, recently met Ali Akbar Salehi, his Iranian counterpart. The ministers focused on the deadly bombing of the AMIA Jewish Center in 1994. Iran is accused of directing the attack. Read more.
Istanbul to celebrate Jewish culture on October 7th
5. October 2012 – Istanbul’s vibrant Jewish community invites its city’s residents and visitors to learn about Jewish culture and traditions on October 7th. Istanbul is only one of the many cities in Europe embracing the European Day of Jewish Culture. Read more.
US sanctioned two Lebanese charities with Hamas ties
4. October 2012 – The US sanctioned two Lebanese charities, Al-Waqfiya and Al-Quds International Foundation, that fund-raised for Hamas. Read more.
Birobidzhan– Capital of Russia’s Jewish Autonomous Region
3. October 2012 – Established by Stalin in 1934 and 5000 miles away of Moscow the Jewish Autonomous Region, Birobidzhan, was part of the Kremlin’s effort to create an alternative to Palestine. Today Jewish life can still be found there. Read more.