Monday 17 February 2014

Dreyfus Love Letters Revealed

FSWC Reports:

From ynetnews.com:

"When will I be able to kiss you? I kiss you a thousand times as I love you, as I adore you, my dear Lucie." The full letter was selected by the New York Times as one of the 50 greatest love letters of all times, and it is now unveiled in Israel for the first time alongside other letters Alfred Dreyfus sent his wife. 

These kisses and expressions of love came out from a prison in France in the late 19th century. The writer, Alfred Dreyfus, was the first Jewish officer in the French Army, whose trial became a symbol of the anti-Semitic persecution of Europe's Jews at the time. The letters were sent to his wife, Lucie, who never stopped hoping for his release from prison. 

READ MORE...   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.